We are a leadership committee of mental health service providers from various organizations who collaborate to promote the recovery of those with mental health and addiction issues.
PRG was developed to address concerns about fragmented service delivery in the mental health and addciton system. Communication has been improved by meeting on a regular basis, and it is now easier to coordinate services.
- We believe in the recovery movement which stresses the importance of peer support and hope for the future.
- We believe in community involvement and collaboration among organizations and individuals who have an interest in the well-being of people with mental illness and addiction issues.
- We believe in open communication and sharing of ideas and resources.
- We believe in respecting the individual rights, dignity and worth of all our community members.
- We believe in being inclusive of all people regardless of their race, ancestry, color, place of origin, age, gender, ethnic origin, marital or family status, disability, mental health or substance use history, sexual orientation, religion, size, ability and citizenship.
- We believe in treating members courteously and respecting their privacy and diversity.